BioM: Hoffman, Maxine (1947)
Surnames: Hoffman, Feind, Stasek, Beil, Hirsch, Hoffmann, Firnstahl, Rusk, Brockman, Janda, Bumann, Eassman, Holzman, Colts, Pauls, Hefko, Kauffman
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 10/09/1947
Hoffman, Maxine (Marriage - 27 Sept. 1947)
Miss Maxine Hoffman, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George Hoffman of Abbotsford, and Arthur G. Feind, son of Mr. and Mrs. Chas. Feind of Colby, were united in marriage at St. Bernard Catholic church at Abbotsford Saturday afternoon, Sept. 27. The attendants preceded the bride to the music of Lohengrin’s bridal chorus. The bride, on the arm of her father, wore a period gown of white slipper satin, with a net yoke. Scallops edged the Bertha collar which came to a point in the front, the long sleeves, and the train. Tiny white satin buttons trimmed the sleeves half way to the elbow and down the back of the bodice. A seed pearl design was embroidered around the collar and on both sides of the open front in the skirt. The full peplum on both sides of the skirt formed a split fish tail in the back. She wore a three-strand necklace of pearls, the gift of the groom.
Leading the procession was Miss Joyce Stasek, Nasonville, cousin of the bride, gowned in a rose taffeta frock made with a sweetheart neckline, short puffed sleeves and a tiered ruffled skirt.
Miss Verna Feind, Milwaukee, sister of the groom, also wore a rose colored frock fashioned with a long waist, cap sleeves and a full skirt.
Miss Genevieve Beil, a friend of the bride, was maid of honor. She wore a frock in the fall shade of blue, identical to that of Miss Stasek.
The three attendants wore ear rings and all wore pearls, the gift of the bride.
The bridesmaids carried identical colonial bouquets of white and pink roses and wore matching flowers in their hair. Miss Beil carried a similar bouquet of white and red roses and wore white roses in her hair.
The junior bridesmaids, Miss Lynette Hoffmann, sister of the bride, and Miss Rae Margaret Hirsch, a friend, followed in identical dresses of gold crepe black satin, made with an off the shoulder bodice and hoop skirt. They wore gold lockets, gifts of the bride, had bronze baby mums in their hair and carried colonial bouquets of pink and white baby mums.
Teddy Hoffmann, three year old brother of the bride, carried the two rings on a white satin pillow. Teddy wore a blue herring bone suit, with long trousers, and a boutonniere of white asters, identical to those worn by the men in the bridal party.
The veil, imported French illusion, was edged in wide lace made to form two large hearts at the end of the train. The blusher veil and the long veil were held by an open pill box embroidered in seed pearls to match her gown.
She carried a colonial bouquet of white and red roses centered with a corsage of Ophelia roses.
Charles and Julius Feind, Rochester, Minn., nephews of the groom, were pages who took care of the bride’s train.
The groom, who is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Feind, of Colby, was attended by Emmanuel Firnstahl, a friend, as best man. Leonard Hoffman, Marshfield, a cousin of the bride, and Richard Hoffman, a brother, were ushers.
The bride’s mother wore a grey sharkskin suit with pink accessories, a black hat, covered with pink feathers. She wore a corsage of red roses and white gardenias. The groom’s mother wore a black dress with a gardenia corsage.
Both grand mothers of the bride, Mrs. Carrie Rusk, of Water Valley, Miss., and Mrs. Max Hoffman, Marshfield, were present and wore corsages of gardenias.
Preceding the ceremony which was read by the Rev. Francis Brockman, the hymn "Paris Anglicus" was sung by Mrs. Leo Bumann and Mrs. A. J. Schmirler with Mrs. R. J. Janda as organist. Following the ceremony they sung "On This Day O Beautiful Mother."
A reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents and supper was served at 4:30 at the armory. The bridal table was centered by a three tier wedding cake topped by a miniature bride and groom flanked by two tall white candles on either side.
In the evening a wedding dance was held at Walter’s pavilion, Colby, Wisconsin.
Mr. and Mrs. Feind left on a trip to the southern states and after Oct. 10 will be at home to friends in Colby, Wisconsin. Mr. Feind, who works with the Hoffman Silo company during the summer will be employed at Krepsky and Neck garage during the winter months.
About 150 guests attended the wedding. Among those from away were: Miss Verna and Irene Feind and Michael Eassman of Milwaukee; Julius Feind, Rochester, Minn.; Mr. and Mrs. Louis Holzman, Fond du Lac; Mrs. Carrie Rusk, of Water Valley, Miss.; Lloyd Feind, New Hampton, Ia.; Mr. and Mrs. Walter Colts, Wausau; Mr. and Mrs. Fred Pauls, Schofield; Mr. and Mrs. Terry Hefko, Mr. and Mrs. Max Hoffmann, Alfred Hoffman, Mr. and Mrs. Ed. Kauffman, Mr. and Mrs. Melvin Kauffman, Leonard Hoffman and Miss Patricia Beil, of Marshfield; as well as relatives and friends from Colby, Unity, Dorchester, and Abbotsford, Wisconsin.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs