BioM: Hart, Mary
Surnames: Gonyo, Wells, Hart, Genesse, Lynn
----Sources: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 01/23/1941
Hart, Mary (11 JAN 1941)
The marriage of Louis Gonyo, well known Owen (Clark Co., Wis.) man, to Miss Mary Hart of Green Bay, was solemnized at St. John’s Church at Green Bay Saturday morning, Jan. 11, 1941, at eight o’clock, Rev. Alfred Heitpas performed the marriage ceremony, while Rev. Fr. Charles Brady of Abbotsford, a very close friend of the groom, sang the nuptial mass.
George C. Wells, formerly of Berlin, and a friend of long standing of the groom, was best man, and Mrs. Lynn, sister of the bride, was bridesmaid. Miss hart wore a becoming dress of skylark blue, while Mrs. Lynn wore sandal brown crepe. Both wore orchid shoulder corsages. During the services Mrs. Genesse of Berlin sang Gounod’s Ave Maria and Just For Today.
Following the marriage ceremony a wedding breakfast was served to the bridal party and friends of the couple numbering about 40 at the Beaumont Hotel. Mr. and Mrs. Gonyo enjoyed a short honeymoon and are now live in a new Cape Cod home which the groom had just completed in the first ??ard where they will be at home to their many friends.
The groom is well known in Owen where he is superintendent of the Carnation Milk Products Plant, which position he has held for about four years. Previous to that he held similar positions at Berlin, Clyman, N.?., and at Maysville, Ky.
Miss Hart is well known in Green Bay where she has been with the ?range department store as buyer for 2 years.
Attending the wedding from out of town were Mrs. and Mrs. W.J. Mahoney of Owen; Rev. Fr. Charles Brady of Abbotsford; Mr. and Mrs. Otto Miller, route two, Berlin, Mrs. Miller is a sister of the groom.
The couple has the best wishes of their friends for happiness.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs