Surnames: Hoernke, Bornowski, Nottbohm, Baumann, Schneider, Lueschow, Henck, Erdman, Eggebrecht, Bluhm, Springer, Ballerstein, Eidsanne
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 09/13/1945
Hoernke, LaVerne (Marriage - 1 Sept. 1945)
Among the pretty weddings of late summer was that of Miss LaVerne Hoernke, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ernest Hoernke, and Leonard Bornowski, son of Mr. and Mrs. Adolph Bornowski, residents of the town of Frankfort, which took place Saturday afternoon, Sept. 1, in St. John’s Lutheran church, town of Wien.
The Rev. Ernest Nottbohm performed the ceremony and Mrs. Henry Baumann sang two solos, "The Lord is My Shepherd" and "God Will Take Care of You." Mrs. Nottbohm was her accompanist.
The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, wore a gown of white net and taffeta. The full net skirt had an embroidered train and the same net formed a yoke for the taffeta peplum bodice. Her finger-tip veil, edged with lace, was caught to a coronet of seed pearls and she carried a shower bouquet of white asters and pink roses, showered with swansonia. For jewelry, she wore the necklace which was a gift from the bridegroom.
The maid of honor, Miss Violet Bornowski, sister of the bridegroom, was attired in pink taffeta. The bodice had short puffed sleeves and was embroidered around the neckline in gold. Identical gowns in blue and aqua were worn by the bridesmaids, Miss Aurelia Hoernke and Miss Laura Hoernke, the latter of Green Bay. All wore Dutch bonnets to match their gowns and carried arm bouquets of pink roses, asters and gladioli. They were presented with gold crosses by the bride.
Lester Schneider attended his cousin as best man and the groomsmen were Owen Hoernke and Kenneth Lueschow. Lawrence Hoernke and William Hoernke ushered.
The bride’s mother chose for the ceremony a fuchsia suit with black accessories, and the bridegroom’s mother wore an aqua silk dress, with black accessories. Both had shoulder bouquets of assorted flowers.
A reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents, which was decorated for the occasion with pink, blue and white streamers and wedding bells. Over 200 guests were entertained. The wedding supper was served in the town hall, which was similarly decorated. The bridal table was centered with a wedding cake, topped with a miniature bride and groom, flanked with white candles. Later in the evening the event was celebrated with a dance in the Trianon Gardens.
Among the out of town guests in addition to friends and relatives from Sheboygan, Green Bay, Edgar, Stratford and Colby, were Mrs. Harry Henck and sons, Milwaukee; Mr. and Mrs. Alvin Hoernke, Cannon Falls, Minn; and the following from Wausau: Mr. and Mrs. George Luechow, Mr. and Mrs. Carl Erdman, Mr. and Mrs. Sam Eggebrecht, Mr. and Mrs. Henry Bluhm. Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence Springer, Mr. and Mrs. William Ballerstein, Mr. and Mrs. Harold Eidsanne and Mr. and Mrs. Robert Eggebrecht and son.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs