Surnames: Reissmann, Miessner, Bertermann, Mathieson, Vollenweider, Berens, Czech, Umnus
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 06/08/1944
Reissmann, Florence (Marriage - 3 June 1944)
Early garden flowers and palms decorated the altar of Trinity Lutheran church at Wausau last Saturday afternoon for the wedding of Miss Florence Reissmann, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Kurt Reissmann, town of Wien, and Clarence Meissner, son of Mr. and Mrs. Adolph Meissner of Unity, Wis.
Following the ceremony, which was read by the Rev. E. H. Bertermann, a reception, attended by 80 guests, was held at the Reissmann home, which was decorated for the event with pink, white and blue streamers. The Misses Agatha and Mildred Meissner of Milwaukee, Wis., and Mrs. Louise Mathieson and Miss Violetta Vollenweider of Chicago, were out of town guests.
The bride chose for the ceremony a gown of heavy white satin, with an entrained overskirt of net. The fitted bodice was styled with long sleeves and sweetheart neckline. Her full-length veil of silk illusion and Alencon lace was caught to a beaded tiara, and she carried a bouquet of pink roses and white carnations and gardenias. The pearls she wore were a gift of the bridegroom.
Mrs. Stanley Mathieson of Wausau, a sister of the bride, who attended as matron of honor, was gowned in white starched chiffon and the bridesmaids, Mrs. Norbert Berens of Marathon, a sister of the bridegroom, and Miss Evelyn Czech of Marshfield, were identically dressed in white French marquisette, trimmed with ruffles. The three carried spring bouquets.
Norbert Berens, a brother in law of the bridegroom, was best man and Stanley Mathieson of Wausau and Frederick Umnus of Edgar were the groomsmen.
Mr. and Mrs. Miessner are now at home to friends on the bridegroom’s farm in the town of Cassel.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs