Surnames: BOJARSKI GRANACKI KOWALSKY ZELEZINSKI NIEDZWIECKI KUT KOBYLARCZYK BUJALSKI
----Sources: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 10/08/1936
Bojarski, Helen (3 OCT 1936)
On Saturday morning, Oct. 3rd, 1936, at 10 o’clock at St. Fedelis Church, Chicago, Ill., Miss Helen Bojarski, formerly of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), and Anthony Granacki of Chicago, were united in the holy bonds of matrimony.
It was one of the prettiest wedding held in the St. Fedelis Parish. Rev. F. Dopak performed the ceremony. Rev. P. Weisman was the deacon and Rev. J. Przybylowicz the sub-deacon, Rev. H. Kowalsky, cousin of the bride, was assistant, while the pastor Rev. Zelezinski and Rev. J. Kalata held respective masses at side alters.
The church was beautifully decorated. The altars were illuminated to the fullest capacity. A beautiful arc bully illuminated with colored lights crowned the upper end of the aisle, while large tropical palms bordered the aisle from the arc to the church entrance. A white rug was laid upon which the bridal party promenaded to the silk satin covered kneelers. The choir, of which the bride is a member, rendered beautiful music. Mrs. Stephanie Niedzwicki, cousin of the bride, and also a radio songstress, sang two songs, namely, Ave Marie and My Rosary.
The bridal party consisted of three ushers: Anthony and Joseph Bojarski, brother of the bride, Leon Granacki, brother of the groom, Joseph Granacki acted as best man. These were followed by four bridesmaids who were draped in lace with hats to match. The bridesmaids were: Misses Mary and Frances Bojarski, sister of the bride, Miss Irene Kuta and Pauline Koblarczyk, friends of the bride. The maid of honor was Miss Leona Bojarski, who wore a sand rose satin gown draped with lace and a hat to match.
The pages were: Gerald Bujalski, dressed in a full dress suit and Patricia Bujalski dressed to match the bridesmaids. The groom followed dressed in a tuxedo ushered by his mother.
The most splendidly attired was the bride, who wore a white satin gown draped in lace, crowned with an ornamental veil which trailed for yards. A beautifully bouquet of chrysanthemums, lilies of the valley, sprayed with white roses, was carried by the bride. The bridesmaid’s sprays consisted of talisman roses. Frank Bojarski, father of the bride, dressed in full dress, escorted her to the alter.
The above was a history making wedding in splendor, beauty and attendance. The bride and groom being popular in the young social circle of St. Fedelis Church filled joy and satisfaction at the presence at the mammoth crowd of friends and relatives, who were present at the ceremony.
The reception started with a wedding breakfast at the bride’s home. The dinner which was held at the Singing Circle Club Hall was attended by 400 guests. A harmonious orchestra of eight pieces furnished the music consisting of Polish folk dances and popular numbers.
A "Poprraminy" was held at the bride’s new home on Sunday all day and evening.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs