Florence E. #2 (1883)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Clark, Morely, Thomas, Saupe
----Sources: Neillsville Times (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 30 Oct. 1883
Clark, Florence E. (Marriage - 21 Oct. 1883)
Morley - Clark - Sunday evening, Oct. 21, 1883, by Rev. W. D. Thomas at the residence of the bride’s father in this city, Mr. Joseph Morley, of Neillsville, and Miss Florence E. Clark, of La Crosse.
The above ceremony occurred at nine o’clock Sunday evening, the young people leaving by the 11:25 train for St. Paul and Minneapolis. There were present only members of the bride’s family and one or two of her especial friends. The groom, Mr. Joseph Morley, is cashier of the Neillsville bank, and the responsible position which he occupies, indicates his business standing. His personal merits are such as would win him the esteem of all who formed his acquaintance. Miss Clark is a La Cross girl by birth and has grown to womanhood in the enjoyment of the affectionate regard of a large circle of friends. In the new home to which she goes, she has already many friends, and her welcome there will be as cordial, as it should be. The Chronicle extends congratulations and its best wishes for a half century of unalloyed happiness. - La Crosse Chronicle.
The above was the first intimation that many of the people received of the affair. Mr. Morley has been a resident of Neillsville for several years and has been a favorite both of young and old. He is a graduate of the Madison Law School but never practiced. He had been the cashier of Neillsville Bank for several years, for which position he is well fitted. Mrs. Morley is a sister of Mrs. Saupe, wife of Mr. Saupe of the firm of D. Dickinson & Co. of this place, and has many acquaintances in this vicinity. The Times congratulates the young couple and wishes them prosperity.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs