Obit: Zahren, Edna
(1900 - 1945)
Surnames: ZAHREN HOGUE PRENROSE WEIDMAN
----Sources: Marshfield News Herald (Marshfield, Wis.) 05/09/1945
Zahren, Edna (4 OCT 1900 - 2 MAY 1945)
Greenwood (Clark Co., Wis.) - A Requiem High Mass was read Saturday morning at 9 o’clock at St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Greenwood, for Mrs. Arthur Zahren, 44, of Chicago, who died May 2, 1945 at a hospital in Watervliet, Mich., following an operation the day previous. The Rev. J.J. Novak officiated and interment was made in St. Mary’s Cemetery.
Pallbearers were Albert Neuenfeldt, Tony and Jake Lindner, Frank Peroshek, Dr. R.L. Barnes, and Edwin Klinke.
Mrs. Zahren, the former Edna Hogue, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Harry Hogue, was born in Greenwood Oct. 4, 1900. She attended grade and high school here, graduating from Greenwood High School with the class of 1918. Later she attended Eau Claire State Teachers College and taught for several years in schools in Clark County.
On June 26, 1925, she was married to Arthur Zahren in Chicago, where they had since been living. A short time ago she left Chicago for Michigan City for treatments, and had undergone a major operation about a year ago. She became seriously ill and was taken to the home of her sister, Mrs. Al (Adine) Penrose, Coloma, Mich. On April 26 she was taken to the hospital in Watervliet, where she died.
Surviving are her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Harry Hogue, Greenwood; her husband, Arthur Zahren, Chicago; her 18-year-old son, Robert Edward Zahren, now serving with the U.S. navy in the South Pacific; and two sisters, Mrs. Ralph (Eva) Weidman, Greenwood, and Mrs. Al Penrose, Coloma, Mich.
Those from away who attended the funeral were Mrs. Al Penrose, Coloma, Mich.; Arthur Zahren, Mr. and Mrs. Jim Donegan, Mrs. Bernice Cody, and C.S. McClure, all of Chicago; Mrs. William Simerson, Medford; and Mrs. Mathilda Fahey, Withee.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs