BioA: Bukovec, Joseph & Louise Sterbenc (1901)
Contact: Mike Sacauskis
Surnames: Brunke, Bukovec, Knepper, Krultz, Sacauskis Shutej, Sterbenc, Winiecki
----Source: Family Records
Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Bukovec Observe 59th Wedding Event Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Bukovec of Willard, who were married 59 years on Jan. 26 were given special recognition in the form of a book shaped anniversary cake , at the wedding of their granddaughter, Miss Dorothy Krultz and Frank Galiger, which was performed Jan 28 in the First Congregational Church at Owen. Mrs. Bukovec, also had a corsage of blue and white carnations for the occasion
Joseph Bukovec and Louise Sterbenc were married in 1901 in Ely, Minn., by the Rev. Fr. Both. Mr.. Beloved, son of the late Jacob and Margaret (Wolf) Bukovec, was born in Decina Slovenia on Aug. 14 1879, and arrived in the United States in 1898. He received his education before coming to this country and while living in Ely, Minn., worked as a coal miner. His wife, daughter of the late George and Margaret (Shutej) Sterbenec, also was born in Slovenia, Jun 11, 1883, received her education there and came to the United States in 1901. She worked as a housekeeper in Ely, Minn., prior to here marriage.
The Bukovecs lived in Ely Until May, 1909 when they came to the present Bukovec farm, where they reside with their son Edward. The anniversary couple have six daughters and three sons, Mrs. John (Mary) Rozich, Chicago; Mrs. John (Catherine) Chimiel, Cicero, Ill; Mrs. Leo (Margaret) Winiecki, Chicago; Mrs. Charles (Anne) Brunke, Cicero, Ill; Mrs. Emily Knepper, Chicago; John Bukovec, Chicago; Albert Bukovec Greenwood; Edward Bukovec, Willard and Mrs. Selvian (Vicki) Krultz, Greenwood. A son, Joseph Jr. died at the age of 15 and a daughter, Louise, when she was seven years old. The Bukovecs also have 23 grandchildren and nine great grandchildren.
Both Mr. and Mrs. Bukovec enjoy good health the later doing a profuse amount of crocheting as a hobby.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs