BioA: Benedict, Mr. and Mrs. Rollie (GOLD 1963)
Transcriber: Ken Wood
----Source: Marshfield News Herald Monday January 14, 1963 Page 8
Benedict, Mr. and Mrs. Rollie Jan. 17, 1913
ANNIVERSARY IS NOTED AT YORK ON SUNDAY
A dinner was served in the York Town Hall Sunday noon, Jan. 13, to about 50 guests who gathered there to honor Mr. and Mrs. Rollie Benedict, route 3, Loyal, who were celebrating their golden anniversary that day.
Mr. and Mrs. Benedict attended 9:30 o'clock services at York Center Methodist Church that morning at which the Rev. Paul Doering, pastor of the church, officiated. They were then honored at the dinner and later during a reception from 2 to 5 p.m. which was attended by some 140 relatives, neighbors and friends.
The cake baked and decorated for the occasion was done by Mrs. Lucy Hetzel and Mrs. Flossie Schmidtke, respectively.
Mrs. Benedict pinned a corsage of gold-flecked red roses to her dress which she donned for the happy occasion, and Mr. Benedict had a carnation sprayed with gold for his boutonnier. The date of their original wedding was Jan. 17, 1913.
At the present time, Mr. Benedict is serving as state bee inspector. He has been interested in honey and honey bees for many years and still keeps several swarms.
He has had as many as 60 to 90 colonies in his orchard. He is an active member of his church and in civic affairs. The couple lived at their present home for many years but do not farm at present.
Coming from out-of-town for the celebration were Diane Strebe, Neil Pinkerton and Marion Pinkerton, Fond du Lac; Mr. and Mrs. Chester Freedlund, Pittsville; Mr. and Mrs. Alan Diedrich, Sparta; Mr. and Mrs. Donald Benedict and family, Lomira; Mr, and Mrs. Norbert Lavey and family, Mr. and Mrs. Donald Winkler, and Mr. and Mrs. Donald Pinkerton and family, all of Wisconsin Rapids.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs