Bio: Anderson, Charles G. & Ador
Surnames: ANDERSON DAHLBERG KALSTROM
----Source: ABBOTSFORD, WIS. CENTENNIAL BOOK - 1973
Anderson, Charles G. & Hilda
Among the long time residents of the Abbotsford vicinity is Charles G. Anderson, whose personal recollections go back some 60 years.
Anderson was born near Kalmar, Sweden, in 1869, the only son among five children of a well to do farmer and landowner. After he had completed military training his father encouraged him to visit the United States and do some traveling.
In May 1893 he arrived in the country and lived with a relative, Fred Dahlberg, of Dorchester, for a few years, while he traveled around doing odd jobs, and learning the language and customs of the country.
In 1897, while employed on the railroad, he purchased a tract of land one and one quarter miles east of Abbotsford on what is now Highway 29. This tract, which was to become his home, was originally a part of the lands granted to the Wisconsin Central Railroad.
In 1900, he made a visit to Sweden and on his return was accompanied by Ador Kalstrom and his sister Hilda to whom Mr. Anderson was engaged. On April 6, 1901, they were married, and shortly thereafter moved into their new home on a farm east of town.
As the land was cleared of forest, the raising of livestock developed. This, in turn, brought problems in marketing and processing which the farmers sought to solve through cooperative organization. Anderson joined with neighboring farmers in sponsoring the first venture in Abbotsford, the Abbotsford Cooperative Creamery.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs