Green Grove Township
was Created, November 1886, the county board ordered that
township 28 range 1 west should be organized as a town to be known as
the town of Green Grove. The first town meeting was ordered to be held
in April 1887, at the Green Grove P. O. on the S. E. S. E. of Sec. 12,
town 28, R. 1 W. This town, the 23rd in the county, takes
it name from the name of the post office and its name was selected by
the settlers at a gathering at Wm. Zassenhausí house, near where then
existed a fine grove of green trees.
Mr. Zassnebaus was the fist chairman of the town and its first representative
on the county board. He is the chairman of the town at the present time,
and has served as such a number of terms and also served come years
as register of deeds of the county.
Sources: Robert J. McBride's
1909 History of Clark Co., WI; 1918 History of Clark County,
Wisconsin, by Franklyn Curtiss-Wedge and published by H. C. Cooper,