Obit: Johnson, Evelyn (1911 – 1972)
Surnames: Johnson, Rasmussen, Hamel, Wagner, Jalling, Krom, Slota, Scheffman, Jacobsen, Lenz, Jacobson, Christoph, Serling, Schwartz, Fischoff
---------Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 07 Sep 1972
Johnson, Evelyn (25 SEP 1911 – 16 AUG 1972)
Funeral services were conducted at 2 p.m. Sunday, August 20, 1972 from the Hoeper-Kraut Funeral Home for Mrs. J.W. Johnson, wife of Dr. J.W. Johnson, Withee (Clark Co., Wis.), who died at her home in Withee shortly after noon on Wednesday, August 16, 1972.
Rabbi Ephraim Fischoff, D. D., of Minneapolis, and Elder Elmer Rasmussen of the Seventh Day Adventist Church, Marshfield, officiated at the Service, and burial was made in Riverside Cemetery.
Serving as pallbearers were Courtland Hamel, Lloyd Wagner, Jack Jalling, Milton Krom, Harold Krom, and Joe Slota.
Mrs. Evelyn (Scheffman) Johnson was born on September 25, 1911 to Morris and Anna Scheffman in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
On September 9, 1935 she was married to Dr. John W. Johnson in Waukegan, Illinois. They later moved to Withee on November 6, 1936, where they have lived ever since.
She is survived by her five children; a son, Robert Johnson, Seattle, Washington; four daughters, Miss JoAnn K. Johnson of Victoria, Australia; Mrs. William (Barbara) Jacobsen, Washington, D.C.; Mrs. Paul (Sandra) Lenz, Jamaica; and Miss Linda Johnson, Berrien Springs, Michigan; two grandchildren, Michael and Stacy Ann Jacobson (Jacobsen?); one brother, Joseph Scheffman of Minneapolis, Minnesota; three sisters, Mrs. Jean Christoph, Minneapolis, and Mrs. Jacob Serling (Helen) and Mrs. Milford Schwartz (Lee), both of Washington, D.C.
The family has asked that all memorial be made to the Marshfield Clinic Foundation for Research of Mental Health, 630 Central Avenue, Marshfield.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs