Obit: Probst, Harry K. (1892 – 1971)
Surnames: Probst, Willingham, Stuttgen, Sukopp, Tobola, Olson, Johnson, Curtiss, McAdam, Larson, Westegaard
---------Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 30 Dec 1971
Probst, Harry K. (16 MAY 1892 – 26 DEC 1971)
Harry K. Probst, a former resident of Owen (Clark Co., Wis.), died Sunday, December 26, 1971 at Memorial Hospital in Bloomer, where he had been a patent for some time since suffering a stroke earlier in the fall.
Funeral services were held at 1:00 p.m., Tuesday, December 28, at the Olson Funeral Home in Bloomer, with Rev. David Willingham officiating. Burial was made in the family lot at Riverside Cemetery, Withee.
Casket bearers were Leo Stuttgen, Alfred Sukopp, Tom Tobola, Robert Olson, Grant Johnson, and Irv Curtiss.
He was born May 16, 1892 in Withee (Clark Co., Wis.), and later lived in Owen, and was associated with Griebenow-Weirich Hardware Company for 15 years. In 1929 he and his family left here, moving to Augusta, where they purchased a hardware store, and then in later years.sold it and moved to Eau Claire. In 1957 he and the former Ada McAdam, Withee, whom he married in 1915 at Withee, retired and built a year around home on Sand Lake, Chippewa County, where they have since made their home.
When residents of Owen they were members of St. Katherine's Episcopal Church, and of late years belong to the Church of Christ at Island Lake. Friends of his in this community will remember him as being a personable man and an avid sportsman, on o f the better musky fishermen that ever worked the waters of Black River.
He is survived by his wife; a son, Harry Jr., Eau Claire; a half-brother, Ralph Probst, Stevens Point; two half-sisters, Mrs. Leona Larson, Eau Claire; Mrs. Mildred Westegaard, Stevens Point; three grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs