Obit: Mataczynski, Sue E. (1949 - 2018)
Transcriber: Robert Lipprandt
Surnames: Forbush, Hendricks, Ludvigsen, Mataczynski, Pollard
----Source: the Ladysmith News (Ladysmith, WI) 4/30/2018
Mataczynski, Sue E. () (30 SEP 1949 - 26 APR 2018)
Sue E. Mataczynski, 68, passed away on April 26, 2018, at St. Mary’s Hospital in Rochester, Minn., after a brief illness, surrounded by her family and pets.
Sue was born on Sept. 30, 1949, in Ladysmith, to Frank and Katherine (Hendricks) Mataczysnki. Her family lived in Chicago, Ill., until 1963, when they moved back to the Holcombe area. She graduated from Holcombe High School in 1967, and married her high school sweetheart, Daniel “Dan” Forbush, in 1971. Together, they built a home and raised a family.
Sue was passionate about her family and her family heritage. She spent many hours preserving pictures and memories in multiple scrapbooks. She had a love for all animals, from her own cats and dogs to all the birds and squirrels in the neighborhood. She often joked about “taking in any and all stray kids and pets.”
She has a special love for pets, and especially enjoyed caring for rescue pets. Her special companions are Samantha, her service dog, and her cats, Squeaker and Tipper.
Sue also enjoyed crafting, ceramics and sewing.
She is survived by her three children, Laura Forbush of Austin, Minn., Danny Forbush of Prescott and Rebecca (Frank) Pollard of Montgomery, Ala.; her grandchildren, Jennifer, Joshua, Michael, Shawn, DeAndre, Anthony and Shemiah; her brother, James (Rhonda) Mataczysnki; her sister, Rita Ludvigsen (Gary); and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Frank and Katherine Mataczynski and her husband, Daniel Forbush.
A celebration of life will be held at 1 p.m. on Saturday, June 9, at Lake Holcombe Methodist Church.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs