Obit: Dahm, Donald E. #2 (1938 - 2018)
Transcriber: Robert Lipprandt
Surnames: Alger, Andruskiewicz, Clough, Dahm, Hoffman
----Source: WIGM/WKEB Obituaries (Medford, WI) 5/23/2018
Dahm, Donald E. “Red” (9 AUG 1938 - 21 MAY 2018)
Donald E. “Red” Dahm, 79, of the Town of Reseburg, rural Thorp, passed away on Monday, May 21, 2018 at Ascension Our Lady of Victory Hospital in Stanley. Per Red's wishes, no services will be held.
Donald Edgar Dahm was born on August 9, 1938 on the family farm in the Town of Reseburg, the son of Walter and Bernice (Hoffman) Dahm. He received his education in area schools and graduated from Thorp High School in 1956. Red then attended Wausau Technical School and completed a course in auto mechanics.
He was drafted into the U.S. Army on September 19, 1961 and served until his honorable discharge on September 5, 1963. Red was united in marriage to Sharyn Clough on October 8, 1964. They later divorced.
He lived in Milwaukee where he worked for General Motors and American Motors. In 1966, he moved to Perkinstown and started his own roofing business, Red's Roofing. In 1970, Red began raising hogs and crop farming, as well as continuing to roof. He later owned and operated an auto salvage yard until his retirement in 2001. Red had many interests, but especially enjoyed spending time with his children and grandchildren, fishing, and fixing old cars and tractors.
He is survived by two sons: Kirk (Donna) Dahm of Thorp, Forrest (Sue) Dahm of Gilman; six grandchildren: Sarah, Amber, Destiny, Zachary, Samantha, Courtney; three great-grandchildren: Raelynn, Rashon, Nasirah; three siblings: Lorraine (Leon) Andruskiewicz of Thorp, Jim (Linda) Dahm of Cadott, Donna (Bob) Alger of Thorp; nieces, nephews, other relatives and many friends.
He was preceded in death by his parents, and one brother, Alfred Dahm.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs