Church: Curtiss – St. Paul Lutheran (85th Anniversary – 1970)
---------Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 12 Nov 1970
Sunday, November 15, 1970, there will be a celebration of the 85th anniversary of St. Paul’s American Lutheran Church of Curtiss (Clark Co., Wis.).
The Curtiss Evangelical Lutheran Church was organized February 8, 1885. In December 1952 Curtiss Evangelical Lutehran Church and Peace Evangelical and Reformed Church held joint services.
In May 1953 the decision was made to disband Peace Evangelical & Reformed Church to join the Curtiss Evangelical Church. In September 1962 the Missouri Lutheran Church of Curtiss disbanded and several members untied with St. Paul’s American Lutheran Church of Curtiss.
Service will be held at 9 o’clock in the morning Sunday, with Max Wilhelm as guest preacher. He served the parish from 1954 to 1959. During this time the present church was built (1956).
A Scandinavian dinner will be served at 11:30 at the Curtiss schoolhouse. The public is invited to the services and dinner.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs