Obit: Olson, Melvin Edward (1924 - 1999)
Transcriber: Robert Lipprandt
Surnames: Christianson, Johnson, Olson, Rhoden, Williams
----Source: The Star News (Medford, WI) 8/19/1999
Olson, Melvin Edward "Ole" (2 OCT 1924 - 14 AUG 1999)
Melvin Edward "Ole" Olson, 74, of Medford, died Saturday, August 14, 1999, at his residence under the care of Hope Hospice.
A memorial service was held Monday, August 16, at St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church in Medford with Rev. Roy Williams officiating.
Dallmann-Kniewel Funeral Home in Medford assisted the family.
Melvin E. Olson was born October 2, 1924, in Medford to Oscar and Alma (Christianson) Olson. He attended the Hillside and Rib Lake grade schools and graduated from Rib Lake High School in 1942.
During World War II, he was employed at a defense factory in Milwaukee. He then attended the University of Wisconsin-Stout where he received a Bachelor's degree in industrial arts in 1949 and a Master's degree in 1952.
On June 24, 1950, he married Elaine Marie Johnson at Trinity Ev. Lutheran Church in Waupaca. He was employed as an industrial arts teacher at Milwaukee Technical High School from 1949 until retiring in 1986. He enjoyed hunting, fishing, golfing, bowling, and cribbage.
He was a member of St. Paul's Ev. Lutheran Church and had been very active at St. Luke's Ev. Lutheran Church in Greendale. He was a retired member of the Milwaukee Industrial Arts Association, the Wisconsin Education Association and the Milwaukee Education Association and a former member of the Sons of Norway.
Survivors include his wife, Elaine; one son, Dan Lee (Sharon) Olson of Medford; a daughter, JoEllen Marie (Rick) Rhoden of New Berlin; a brother, Wayne (Karen) Olson of Greendale; five grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and other relatives.
He was preceded in death by his parents and one son, James Oscar Olson at birth.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs