BioM: Stachnik, Sharon Lee (1968)
Surnames: Stachnik, Oberman, Clark, Meyer, Schumacher, Troyer, Pozorski,, Nick, Clarkowski
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 03 Oct 1968
Stachnik, Sharon Lee (31 AUG 1968)
St. Stephen Lutheran Church, Wausau was the setting for the wedding of Miss Sharon Lee Stachnik, to Mr. John L. Oberman Jr., on Saturday, August 31, 1968. Rev. Gilbert J. Meyer officiated at the 1:00 p.m. ceremony. Nuptial music was furnished by Mrs. Richard Schumacher, organist, and Mr. Richard Troyer sang the "Song of Ruth" and "The Lord's Prayer."
Miss Stachnik is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Michael Stachnik, 310 S. Thorp Street, Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.). The groom's parents are Mrs. Janet Oberman, 1704 Merrill Ave., Wausau, and Mr. John L. Oberman Sr., Milwaukee.
The bride, given in marriage by her father, wore a white Irish linen floor length A-line gown, highlighted by a six foot train, which was designed by the bride and Sue Ann Clark, friend of the bride. The dress featured a scoop neckline and three-quarter length sleeves trimmed with Venetian lace and seed pearls. The train was attached to the dress by double bows at the shoulder and accented with Venetian lace.
Her bouffant veil was secured by a petal crown, topped with a bow and seed pearls.
The bride carried a white Bible, gift of the groom, with red roses, stephanotis and streamers.
Miss Ann Stachnik, Thorp, was her sister's maid of honor. The bridegroom's sisters, Mrs. Georg Pozorski, 1031 S. 4th Ave., Wausau, and Miss Barbara Oberman, 1704 Merrill Ave, Wausau, were the bridesmaids. Little Kathy Nick, Tomahawk, cousin of the groom, was the miniature bride.
Heavenly blue chiffon over taffeta A-line gowns were worn by the bride's attendants, and were styled with long puffed sleeves and empire waistlines, accented with Venic lace daisies. Matching net petals with daisy centers secured their short bouffant veils, and they carried bouquets of blue-tipped mums and streamers. The miniature bride was attired identically to the bride.
Attending his brother as best man was Mr. Larry Oberman, 1704 Merrill Ave., Wausau.
Groomsmen were Mr. Michael Stachnik, 616 Whipple St., Eau Claire, and Mr. Donald Stachnik, Thorp, both brothers of the bride.
Ring bearer was Ted Oberman, Wausau, brother of the groom. Ushers were Mr. George Pozorski, 1031 S. 4th Ave., Wausau, the groom's brother-in-law, and Mr. Jerry Clarkowski, 113 S. 7th Ave., Wausau, friend of the couple.
A reception was held immediately following the ceremony, and dinner was served at 4:00 p.m., both at Trails End, Wausau.
For their honeymoon the newlyweds went to northern Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota.
Mrs. Oberman is a graduate of Thorp High School and the North Central Technical Institute, Wausau, and is manager of the One Hour Martinizing in the Riverside Plaza, Wausau.
Her husband graduated from Wausau Senior High and is a fuel specialist from the technical institute at Chanute, Air Force Base in Illinois. He will be on duty at Clark Air Force Base in the Philippine Islands.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs