School: Greenwood Elementary Program (18 Dec
Surnames: Grum, Hohl, Hatton, Hoehne, Metzke, Robbins, Syth, Liebzeit, Baird, Polzin, Severson, Hagen, Van Kirk, Barth, Stabnow, Gosar, Boe, Brandt, Kramer, Zillmer, Rust, Hendrickson, Johnson, Schneider, Severson, Little, Stewart, Hendricks, Seliskar, Worchel, Carl, Dusso, Frank, Behrens, Corey, Berrett, Schwarze, Wilhelmi, Opdycke, Briski, McMahon, Drew, Celesnik, Zallar, Stout, Peterson, Dallman, Ruzic, Marvin, Christie, Barr, Quast, Jackson, Enockson, Ellingson, Buker, Fillo, Bartelt, Clintsman
----Source: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) 18 Dec 1947
Two plays have been chosen for presentation on Thursday, Dec. 18, 1947 at 8:00 p.m. in the gym.
“The Miracle of the Wooden Shoe”, a musical playlet taken from an old French tale of a poor boy’s generosity to the Christ-child.
The cast includes:
• Little Wolf – Richard Grum
• Madame Charles – Nancy Hohl
• Schoolmaster – Frank Hatton
• Golden Haired Child – Jeff Hoehne
• Neighbors and Villagers – James Metzke, Marlene Metzke, Gary Robbins, Kenneth Syth, Roger Liebzeit, Robert Baird, Marie Polzin, Shirley Severson, Kathleen Hagen, Darrel Van Kirk, Gertrude Barth, Rudolph Fillo, Robert Barth, Ruby Stabnow and Angie Gosar
• Schoolchildren – Marcella Boe, Romelle Brandt, James Kramer, Robert Zillmer , Elaine Rust, Henry Hendrickson, Edythe Johnson, Robert Schneider, Dorothy Severson, Kenneth Little, Mary Lou Stewart, Brian Hendricks, James Seliskar
The other play is “Santa-A-La-Mode”. Dismay reigns in Santa Land as he decides to go modern.
The cast includes:
• Mrs. Santa Claus – Bonnie Rae Worchel
• Santa – DuWayne Carl, Kenneth Dusso
• Nippy, an elf – Donald Frank
• Group of Men Workers – Jack Corey, Mike Hoehne, Jerome Behrens, Jimmy Berrett, DuWayne Zillmer, Jack Schwarze
• Group of Women Workers – Shirley Wilhelmi, Bonnie Opdycke, Carmen Fresenberg, Barbara McMahron, Carol Drew, Betty Jane Celesnik
• A group of children who came to visit Santa – Ruth Rust, John Briski, Judy Zallar, Carol Stout, Joanne Peterson, Donald Dallman, Gary Ruzic, Kenneth Marvin, Lyle Christie, Delmain Barr, Allen Quast, Marjorie Dusso, Joanne Jackson
• Stage Managers – Allen Schneider, Alfred Marvin, Nyle Brandt, Ernie Enockson, Bill Enockson
• Ushers – Dorothy Fillo, Douglas Bartelt, Teddy Clintsman and Donna Rust
All other grade children will sing or participate in the Rhythm Band.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs