School : Greenwood St. Mary's
(Chimney Fire - 1940)
----Source: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) 18 Jan 1940
The local fire department was called at noon Monday to a chimney fire at St. Mary's Schoolhouse.
The fire caused no damage but it was a real chimney fire and if it had gotten out of control could well have been damaging.
This was the first fire to which the new fire truck was taken and although it was not necessary to use water on the fire, it was never-the-less pleasing to know that there is now adequate protection now available and ready to be sued when and if needed.
Note: This is the same fire truck that now sits at the Greenwood Museum.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs