Bio: Dunbar, Charles F. (1881)
Surnames: Dunbar, Single
----Source: The History of Northern Wisconsin (Marathon County, Wis.) 1881, page 559
CHARLES F. DUNBAR, jeweler and lumber manufacturer, Wausau, was born in Belchertown, Mass., Oct. 8, 1845, and learned the jeweler’s trade in Amherst, Mass. He came to Wisconsin in 1867, locating in Hudson in 1868, engaging in jewelry business there until 1872, when he removed to Menasha, carrying on the same business there for two years. In March, 1874, he came to Wausau, and, besides his jewelry business, is considerably interested in real estate, having purchased a forty-acre tract of land – the northeast quarter of the southwest quarter of Section 26, Town 29, Range 7, East, which he has recently platted and divided into city lots, and has already (June, 1881) sold thirty-six lots. He has been in the lumber business for about three years. He is a member of the firm of Dana, Dunbar & Co., manufacturers of “The National Portable Forge,” and is one-half owner of the Marathon Lumber Co., manufacturers of pine lumber, shingles, lath, pickets, etc,; he owns considerable tracts of pine lands. Mr. Dunbar was married in Wausau, Nov. 20, 1876, to Letitia Single, who was born in Wausau. They have two children, Mary Elizabeth, born March 31, 1881, and Roy Earl, born Dec. 25, 1877, and died June 16, 1881.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs