History: Spencer Real Estate
Surnames: Norton, Stevens, Follette, Cornell, Landaal, Nall, Rasmussen, Hess, Resheske, Carpenter, Kundinger, Shortess
----Source: Spencer Centennial Book, 1874 – 1974 (Spencer, Marathon County, Wis.) page 85
From an old newspaper we learn of these real estate dealers: Thomas Norton of 1874 and E. W. Stevens of 1881.
G. Follette, Cornell and Landaal, realtors, had an office on Clark Street in 1901. There was also a realty called Rindfleisch Farm Sales and George Nall, a farmer south of town, sold real estate for a number of years.
Vern Stevens and Douglas Rasmussen bought the bank building on the corner of Clark and LaSalle Streets early in 1960 where they had an insurance and real estate business, operating under the name of Stevens Real Estate and Insurance. In January of 1970 Mr. and Mrs. Stevens bought the Emma Hess house, remodeled it for a real estate and insurance office, and continued to operate under the name of Stevens Real Estate and Insurance. In March of 1971 they sold their real estate business to Vince Resheske, who operates under the name of Resheske Realty at the former Stevens office on Highway 13 south of town.
There is a Spencerland Realty office in the Victor Carpenter building at 116 East Clark Street, conducted by Dale Kundinger.
There is also the Data Flow – an income tax and bookkeeping service located in the same building and operated by Larry Shortess.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs