History: Spencer Implement Shop
Surnames: Neidlein, Wendell
----Source: Spencer Centennial Book, 1874 – 1974 (Spencer, Marathon County, Wis.) page 82
Three generations of the Neidlein family, John, John F., and John T., were in the farm implement business in Spencer from June 1884 until October 1955.
In 1882 John came to Spencer and worked for Ed Wendell, a blacksmith. Two years later John established his own business on Clark Street, a Wagon and Woodwork Shop. Later he added lines of farm implements and supplies. Upon his retirement, John F. took over the business, expanding his stock to include water supplies, silos, electric motors, Speed Queen washing machines. John (Ted) purchases his father’s business in 1947 and operated it until October, 1955, when he merged with the F & J Corporation.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs