BioM: Wachholz, Gertrude (1937)
Surnames: Alfter, Wachholz, Hinz, Kietzman, Pokrandt, Ure, Luedtke
----Source: Scrapbook Collection of Arlene Youmans
Wachholz, Gertrude (8 July 1937)
Miss Gertrude Wachholz, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Wachholz, Spencer, became the bride of Harold Alfter, Milwaukee, son of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Alfter, Marshfield, at a ceremony performed on July 8 at St. John's Lutheran Church, Spencer. The Rev. H. C. Hinz read the marriage service.
To the strains of the "Bridal Chorus" and "Lohengrin," played by the bride's mother, the bride approached the alter wearing a white lace gown and long tulle veil, trimmed in lace, which fell from a cap effect headdress. She carried a shower bouquet of roses, carnations, swansonia, and baby's breath.
Miss Lorena Kietzman, Milwaukee, who attended her cousin as bridesmaid, was attired in a aqua blue dress and carried an arm bouquet of roses and carnations.
Norman Wachholz, brother of the bride, attended the groom as best man.
Wedding bells and blue and white streamers decorated the Wachholtz residence, where a wedding dinner was served after the ceremony. Tall tapers, a large wedding cake, and garden flowers graced the table at which covers were laid for more than 50 relatives.
Among the out of town guests were Mr. and Mrs. Charles Alfter and son, Marshfield; Mrs. Mavis Pokrandt and Gust Wachholz, Westfield; Mr. and Mrs. George Wachholz and family, Loyal; Mr. and Mrs. Ralph Ure, Pittsville; Mrs. Kate Alfter, Mrs. Helen Luedtke, Miss Loretta Kietzman, all of Milwaukee; Miss Vivian Wachholz, Pleasant Lake; and Mr. and Mrs. Emil Kietzman and family, Randolph.
Mr. Alfter and his bride will reside in Milwaukee, where both are employed.
*** Note: The year of marriage is from the church records of St. Johnís Lutheran Church, Brighton Township, Marathon County, marriage record number 75, page 255.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs