Bio: Lawrence, William T. DDS (No dates given)
Surnames: Lawrence, Perkins
---Source: History of Marathon County Wisconsin and Representative Citizens, by Louis Marchetti, 1913.
Lawrence, William T. DDS (no dates given)
WILLIAM T. LAWRENCE, D. D. S., at Wausau, Wis., was born in Connecticut, twelve miles from Hartford, a son of Henry and Martha Lawrence. The parents of Dr. Lawrence removed to Chicago, Ill., where the father, for a number of years, was the representative of the Waterbury Clock Company. He was a native of Vermont and his wife of Connecticut, and both died at Chicago.
William T. Lawrence was educated in his native state and for four years afterward was connected with a dry goods house, subsequently spending two years more in the same line in a Chicago business house, following which he was engaged for one year in selling dental supplies. In 1876 he came to Mosinee, Wis., and for four years was owner of a general store. In 1880 he returned to Chicago and turned his attention to dentistry, three of his brothers being engaged in the practice of this profession at that time. He spent one and one-half years in the office of a brother and then attended the Chicago Dental College, after which he came to Merrill, Wis., where he practiced for two years, in 1885 locating at Wausau, where, for twenty seven years he has been in continuous practice. He is a member of a number of dental organizations.
Dr. Lawrence married Miss Ida Perkins, of Merrill. Wis. He is identified with the Masonic fraternity and socially belongs to the Wausau City Club. He maintains his office at No. 517 Lawrence Block, being the owner of this property.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs