Bio: Radandt, Edward J. (1878 – 19??)
Surnames: Radandt, Helke, Hollihan,
---Source: History of Marathon County Wisconsin and Representative Citizens, by Louis Marchetti, 1913.
Radandt, Edward J. (11 December 1878 – 19??)
EDWARD J. RADANDT, who is president of the E. J. Radandt Furniture Company of Wausau, with quarters at Nos. 202-204 Scott Street, established this business in 1909 and is one of the city's enterprising and prospering business men. He was born December 11, 1878, at Kilbourn, Wis., and is a son of Fred and Minnie Radandt.
Edward J. Radandt was reared and attended the public schools in his native place and was eighteen years of age when he came to Wausau and began to work in the furniture store of his brother-in-law, Charles Helke, with whom he remained for two years. For the following ten years he was engaged in a furniture store at Milwaukee, going from there to Chicago and after seven years in that busy place returned to Wausau, where the family owned considerable real estate. Although Mr. Radandt's father never lived at Wausau, he had invested in property, and his uncle, Frank E. Radandt, who died at Wausau, February 13, 1912, and had lived in this city about eight years, also left considerable real estate here. Thus, when Mr. Radandt returned to Wausau he had command of plenty of capital and bought his present building. He started with the quarters afforded at No. 202, but very soon found his trade expanding so rapidly that more space was needed and at the present he occupies the entire space in both buildings. His stock includes furniture and carpets and all kinds of house furnishings except stoves.
Mr. Radandt married Miss Anna Hollihan, of Caledonia, Minn., and they have two children: Edward Thomas and Margaret Jane. The family attends St. Stephen's Church.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs