Bio: Zimmerman, Alfred H. (1885 19??)

 

Contact: dolores@wiclarkcountyhistory.org

E-mail: dolores@wiclarkcountyhistory.org

 

Surnames: Zimmerman, Rowley, Wheeler, Manson, Harris

 

---Source: History of Marathon County Wisconsin and Representative Citizens, by Louis Marchetti, 1913.

 

Zimmerman, Alfred H. (11 September 1885 19??)

  

ALFRED H. ZIMMERMAN, a member of the well known firm of Zimmerman & Rowley, dealers in investment bonds and insurance, with offices in the Marathon County Bank Building, is associated with his father, Ernst C. Zimmerman and J. A. Rowley, under the above firm name. He was born at Wausau, Wis., September 11, 1885, and is a son of Ernst C. Zimmerman who has long been a representative citizen of Wausau.  

 

Alfred H. Zimmerman attended the public schools and after being graduated from the High School, entered Lawrence University at Appleton, where he spent one year and subsequently spent a year at the University of Wisconsin at Madison. For about six months afterward he was in the employ of the H. L. Wheeler Insurance Company, and later, from July, 1906, until February, 1907, was in the employ of J. N. Manson, after which he purchased his interest in the present firm. This business was really founded by Ernst C. Zimmerman as early as 1878 and he continued in the general insurance line alone until March 1, 1880, when the firm of Zimmerman & Wheeler was formed. This continued until 1892, when E. C. Zimmerman sold his interest to his partner, H. L. Wheeler.  After the death of Mr. Wheeler, in January, 1906, the business was continued by his daughters, Lida E. and Dorothy E. Wheeler, and on July 18, 1906, they sold a one-third interest to J. A. Rowley. On February 1, 1907, Ernst C. Zimmerman and Alfred H. Zimmerman purchased the two-thirds owned by the daughters of Mr. Wheeler and the present firm name was adopted.  

 

On March 10, 1908, Mr. Zimmerman was married to Miss Lora Winnifred Harris, who was born at Rochester, N. Y., and they have one daughter, Elizabeth. Mr. Zimmerman belongs to the Knights of Pythias; Forest Lodge No. 130, F. & A. M.; and is identified with the Wausau Club.

 

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE