History: Spencer Furniture Business
Surnames: Georgas, Beidel, Fenhouse, Tilden
----Source: Spencer Centennial Book, 1874 – 1974 (Spencer, Marathon County, Wis.) page 78
S. D. Graves & Son sold their furniture business to a Mr. Tilden who came to Spencer to establish the Tilden Furniture Store. When he closed his store, Graves and Son resumed the handling of furniture until A. C. Georgas moved here in 1913 and established a furniture store and undertaking business in the present Gary Fenhouse building. His widow, who took over the business, after a time discontinued the sale of furniture.
Our next furniture store is a recent one built near the south limits of town, just off Highway 13 to the east. It opened for business the first part of January 1974, and is owned and operated by James and Gene Beidel.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs