Bio: Fehlhaber, Albert J. (1869 – 19??)
Surnames: Fehlhaber, Plisch, Beilke, Jehn, Wendorf, Schmidt, Marth, Radloff, Lemke, Reinke, Kleinschmidt, Bauman, Geise, Woller
----Source: History of Marathon County Wisconsin and Representative Citizens, by Louis Marchetti, 1913.
Fehlhaber, Albert J. (2 October 1869 – 19??)
ALBERT J. FEHLHABER. president of the Berlin Farmers Mutual Fire and Lightning Insurance Company, of the town of Berlin, and since February 18, 1895, postmaster of the village of Naugart, Wisconsin, is one of the representative men of this section of Marathon county and is proprietor of the leading general mercantile store at Naugart. He was born in the town of Berlin, October 2, 1869, and is a son of August and Amelia (Plisch) Fehlhaber. After attending the public schools in his native town, Mr. Fehlhaber became a student in the Wausau High School and later in the Wausau Business College, after which he taught school for six years, in the towns of Maine, Rib Falls and Stettin. After his marriage he was a clerk in a store at Wausau for one year and then purchased his present store at Naugart, which was formerly conducted by William F. Beilke. He carries a large stock of staple merchandise and does a heavy business. Although the mercantile enterprise keeps him quite busy, he has found time to serve acceptably in a number of public offices, being secretary of the local board of health, and since October 1, 1908, has been a justice of the peace.
As above stated, he became postmaster in February, 1895, and now has a rural route connection which was established May 15, 1904, the carrier being Henry W. Jehn, who covers over twenty-five miles of territory. One daily mail is received at Naugart. Since October 1, 1908, Mr. Fehlhaber has been town clerk of Berlin, having been elected without opposition. He is also secretary of the Naugart Telephone Company. His position as the head of the Berlin Farmers Mutual Fire and Lightning Insurance Company is one of responsibility, this organization carrying many risks through this section. It was incorporated December 27, 1875, with forty-seven members, the first officers being Albert Wendorf and A. W. Schmidt. The present officers are: Albert J. Fehlhaber, president; Frank Marth, vice president; F. G. Radloff, secretary; William F. Lemke, treasurer; Frank Reinke, Marathon county assessor, and Fred Kleinschmidt, Lincoln county assessor. The following Gust Bauman, Wm. Geise, and Joe Woller make up the board of directors, elections taking place annually, three members being elected for three years.
Mr. Fehlhaber was married to Miss Amelia Beilke, of Berlin, and they have two children; Lydia, who is assistant clerk in the post office; and Francis, who is in school. The family belongs to the Lutheran Church, Mr. Fehlhaber being a member of its board of trustees.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs