Bio: Seymour, Paul (1870 19??)

 

Contact: dolores@wiclarkcountyhistory.org

E-mail: dolores@wiclarkcountyhistory.org

 

Surnames: Seymour, Hardy

 

---Source: History of Marathon County Wisconsin and Representative Citizens, by Louis Marchetti, 1913.

 

---Seymour, Paul (4 July 1870 19??)

 

PAUL SEYMOUR, the genial proprietor of the Adams House, a first class hostelry, located on the corner of Jackson and Fourth streets, Wausau, has additional business interests, owning a saw mill with steam power at Nutterville, Marathon County, Wisconsin. Mr. Seymour was born in the town of Easton, Marathon County, July 4, 1870, and is a son of Nelson and Hattie Seymour, who came to Marathon County among the early permanent settlers.  

 

Paul Seymour grew to manhood in the town of Easton and assisted his father in the care of the home farm of sixty-six acres. This property subsequently became his own and after selling the same he moved to Nutterville, where he purchased the mill and for eight years also conducted a store. On June 20, 1911, he took charge of the Adams House, Wausau, and from that time on patrons of this hotel, has found comfortable and pleasant conditions surrounding them, with an excellent meal service and at very reasonable rates. Mr. Seymour is justly popular with the traveling public.

  

Mr. Seymour married Miss Jennie, an adopted daughter of Daniel Hardy, and they have four children: Earl, Grace, Roy and Elmer. Mr. Seymour is identified with the fraternal order of Eagles and belongs also to the Germania.

 

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE