BioM: Posda, Agnes Lilly (1951)
Surnames: Posda, Skwierczynski, Gorzny, Kudingo, Zurakowski, Kostick
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 06/28/1951
Posda, Agnes Lilly (Marriage - 16 JUN 1951)
Miss Agnes Lilly Posda, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George Posda of Stanley, became the bride of Nicholas Skwierczynski, Jr., Chicago, in St. Maryís Church, on Saturday, June 16, 1951. The ceremony was read by the Rev. Ralph J. Geissler.
Given in marriage by her father, the bride wore a gown of slipper satin with seed pearl and rhinestone embroidery outlining the yoke of the dress, and edging the long pointed sleeves and in the full skirt entrain. Her long sweeping train veil, edged with lace, was fastened to a crown of seed pearls and rhinestones. She carried a bouquet of white roses.
Serving as her sisterís maid of honor, Miss Theresa Posda wore a gown of net and taffeta skirt trimmed with double ruffles of net, and a yoke detailed with tiny ruffles.
Bridesmaids were Miss Charlotte Gorzny, Chicago, in green; Miss Caroline Kudingo, Ladysmith, the brideís cousin, wearing a gown of orchid; and Mrs. Lawrence Zurakowski, Chicago, in a green dress. Their gowns were styled like the maid of honorís dress, with double ruffles edging the necklines. Carnations in colors contrasting with their gowns were carried by the aides.
Shirley Kostick of Thorp, the brideís niece, wore a gown of yellow styled like the honor attendantís dress. Richard Posda, the brideís brother, was ring bearer.
Acting as best man was the brideís brother, Florian Posda. Another brother, Leonard Posda served as groomsman with Frank Skwierczynski, the bridegroomís brother, and Lawrence Zurakowski, both of Chicago. The bridegroom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Nicholas Skwierczynski, Sr., of Thorp.
A reception dinner, and dance were held in the Stanley Auditorium.
The couple will make their home in Chicago.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs