School: Granton H.S. Notes (23 Nov 1917)
Surnames: Hancock, Wegner, Williams, LaGrander, Downer, Kemmeter, Pietenpol, Mantey, Wonser, Davis
----Source: Granton News (Granton, Clark County, Wis.) 11/23/1917
The high school has been presented with a flag by Architect E. Hancock. Three boys from each of the grades act as color boys raising and lowering the flag daily.
A grammatical error card has been posted in the English classroom for the high school studens and at present few are represented.
Eva Wegner spent Tuesday afternoon in Marshfield.
The Junior English class has prepared a declamation, books containing declamations, which have been ordered, having been received.
The Junior girls who are taking domestic science are making dresses and in theory textiles are being studied.
The fourth and fifth grades entertain this week, the fourth on Thursday afternoon and the fifth on Friday afternoon from 5 to 7:30 p.m.
The eighth grade gave a patriotic program during their history period Thursday, to which the fifth, sixth and seventh grades and Freshmen class were invited. The following program was rendered.
1. Canning the Kaiser - By School.
2. Proclamation - Vance Williams.
3. Flag Salute - By School.
4. Current Event - Roll Call.
5. So Long, Mother - Isla LaGrander.
6. Patriotic Reading - Helen Downer.
7. Americans All - Stanley Kemmeter.
8. Presentation Reading - Helen Downer.
9. Presentation of the Flag - Jos. Pietenpol.
10. Give us a Chance - Vance Williams.
11. Acceptance of the Flag - Dorothy Mantey.
12. Star Spangled Banner - By School.
Gertrude Davis snd Mermel Wonser motored to Neillsville Tuesday afternoon.
The Eighth Grade has begun their practice on the paly "Somewhere in France."
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs