BioM: Abts, Catherine M. (1947)
Surnames: Abts, Brenner, Kastner, Tollefson, Larson
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 10/16/1947
-Abts, Catherine M. (Marriage - 7 OCT 1947)
Miss Catherine Mae Abts, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George Abts of Arcadia, Wis., became the bride of Orville C. Brenner, son of Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Brenner of Gilman, Wis., on Oct. 7th, 1947 at 8:30 a.m. at the Lady of Perpetual Help Church at Arcadia, Wis.
The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, wore a white slipper satin dress with fitted bodice, sweetheart neckline and long sleeves and train. Her fingertip veil was caught with a high beaded crown. She wore a rhinestone bracelet, gift of the groom.
Her sister, Mrs. Lloyd Kastner, maid of honor, wore an aqua rayon taffeta floor length dress trimmed in pink and a wreath of pink carnations in her hair and carried a bouquet of pink carnations.
Mrs. Ingvald Tollefson, sister of the groom, as bridesmaid, wore a pink rayon taffeta floor length dress trimmed in blue and wore a wreath of blue carnations in her hair. She carried a bouquet of blue carnations. Both wore earrings and bracelets to match, gifts of the bride.
Little Jane Abts, sister of the bride, was a flower girl dressed in a pink rayon brocaded floor length dress. The groom chose as his attendants, his brother Alvin and Kenneth Larson, all wearing blue suits with a white carnation.
The mother of the bride wore a dark brown suit and wore a red and white corsage of roses.
The groom’s mother wore a navy blue rayon jersey dress with a red and white corsage of carnations.
Dinner and supper were served to about 50 relatives at the St. Aloysius dining hall.
Reception and dance was held in the evening at the Arcadia Golf Club.
Mr. and Mrs. Orville Brenner left on a short honeymoon to Milwaukee.
They will make their home at Eau Claire, where the groom is employed.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs