History: Westboro, Taylor Co., WI (1881)
----Source: 1881 History of Northern Wisconsin, pg. 1032.
History of Westboro, Taylor County, Wisconsin.
A village near the northern boundary of the county, on the Wisconsin Central Railroad. The earliest settlers here were in 1874, C. C. Palmer, Peter Campbell, Nelson Salno. A mill was built by J. Duncan, William Taylor and James Richie. It subsequently fell into the sole ownership of J. Duncan.
In 1876, H. Haigbt built a hotel, which he still occupies. C. C. Palmer kept a hotel for several years, but does not now entertain guests.
John Duncan is Postmaster.
There is a Temple of Honor in town, in good standing. There is a good school, taught by Miss Hattie Hull. Westboro is on the west side of the railroad, and has Front, Second and Hurd streets north and south, and North, Center and River streets east and west.
Silver Creek runs through the southern part of the village. There are two saw-mills in Westboro, John Duncan's and C. C. Palmer's.
General merchandise, John Duncan; groceries and provisions, G. H. Palmer. There are three saloons. Hotels, Central, G. Bonneville; Star Hotel, N. Salno.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs