Bio: Kehle, L., Pastor
Contact: R. Lipprandt
----Source: Medford Area Centennial Book, 1874 - 1974, Community United Church of Christ, page 75
Kehle, L., Pastor
The Community United Church of Christ has also been known as the German Evangelical Church and The Brick Church.
The Community Church was organized in 1901 and then called its first pastor, the Rev. L. Kehle, who came to Medford in February of that year.
Early services were held at the Temperance Hall.
Under the pastorate of Rev. Kehle, a lot was purchased in 1902 on Broadway for $800.00 and the congregation began building a Church.
The Church was dedicated in 1902 but while construction was ongoing, services were held in the basement.
In 1906, Rev. Kehle accepted a call to another Church.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs