Bio: Weikmann, C. B., Father (1867)
Contact: R. Lipprandt
Source 1: Medford Area Centennial Book, 1874 - 1974, Holy Rosary Catholic Church, page 71
Source 2: Informational history appeared in the Catholic Herald Citizen, October 31, 1953
Weikmann, C. B., Father (June 10, 1867)
Father C. B. Weikmann was born on June 10, 1867, in Northern Iowa and was ordained on December 15, 1889.
On April 13, 1895, Father C. B. Weikmann was appointed pastor, renovated and repaired the church and the schoolhouse and reopened the parochial school which had been closed by his predecessor, Father Duren.
The Franciscan Sisters from Alverno, Wisconsin had charge of the school from the beginning.
In 1895, the parish consisted of 150 families, 130 of which were German, 15 Irish and five of other nationalities. The number of pupils enrolled was 100.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs