Bio: Miller, Joseph N., Very Rev., Msgr.
Contact: R. Lipprandt
Surnames: Hammes, Malsch, Miller
Source 1: Medford Area Centennial Book, 1874 - 1974, Holy Rosary Catholic Church, page 73
Source 2: Informational history appeared in the Catholic Herald Citizen, October 31, 1953
Miller, Joseph N. Very Rev., Monsignor
Following the departure of Msgr. Block, the Very Rev. Joseph N. Miller was appointed pastor of Holy Rosary Parish in 1966.
Under the direction of the Very Rev. Joseph N. Miller, and his assistant, Rev. David J. Malsch (who came to Holy Rosary in June of 1967), a building program of major proportions was begun.
In 1970, he began a new church erection on the same site at the old brick church and in June of 1972, the new Church building, erected at a cost of approximately $395,000.00 was dedicated by the Most Rev. George A. Hammes, Bishop of Superior.
In June of 1973, the present pastor, the Very Rev. Joseph N. Miller celebrated his twenty fifth (Silver), sacerdotal or priestly jubilee and in late 1973, the parish of Holy Rosary, Medford, Wisconsin happily paid off the entire debt of their new Church.
As of the writing of this history of Holy Rosary Parish, spring 1974, the Very Rev. Joseph N. Miller continues as pastor, assisted by the Rev. David J. Malsch, as associate pastor.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs