Bio: Hillemann, Roland C., Pastor (1904)
Poster: R. Lipprandt
Surnames: Hillemann, Holzhueter
----Source: The Centennial Booklet of Immanuel Ev. Lutheran Church, 1876 - 1976, page 40 & 41
Hillemann, Roland C. (June 28, 1904)
“Sons Of The Congregation Who Entered The Ministry”
Roland C. Hillemann, son of Pastor and Mrs. Martin J. Hillemann, was born in Green Bay, Wisconsin on June 28, 1904.
He came to Medford with his parents and other members of the family when his father accepted the call to Immanuel’s in 1907.
He entered Northwestern Preparatory School in Watertown in 1918 and graduated form Northwestern College in 1925.
Thereupon, he entered the Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary, then located in Wauwatosa, from which he graduated in 1928.
His first call assignment was to serve as a tutor at Northwestern College during the 1928-29 school year.
On August 14, 1929, he was married to Miss Grace Holzheuter. Their marriage was blessed with three daughters.
In 1929, he accepted a call to three congregations, Plumb City, Eau Galle and Waverly, Wisconsin, which he served until 1938.
Thereupon, he accepted a call to St. Paul’s congregation at Ixonia, Wisconsin where he served until 1943.
In 1943, he accepted a call to Norwalk and Wilton, Wisconsin, where he served until 1949.
IN 1949, he accepted a call to serve congregations in Savannah and Mesquito Hill, Illinois until 1956, during which time a new church was built in Savannah.
In 1956, he entered the mission field at Broadhead and Beloit, Wisconsin.
After becoming full time pastor of Good Shepard congregation in Beloit, he organized Hope Lutheran congregation of Beloit, Illinois. He served the Good Shepard congregation for a period of eighteen years.
Pastor Roland and his wife are living in retirement at 426 S. Tyler Street, Lancaster, Wisconsin.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs