Bio: Hillemann, Martin J., Pastor (1869 - 1965)
Poster: R. Lipprandt
Surnames: Hillemann, Ulrich, Zank
----Source: The Centennial Booklet of Immanuel Ev. Lutheran Church, 1876 - 1976, page 18
Hillemann, Martin J., Pastor (January 23, 1869 - August 20, 1965)
Pastor Martin J. Hillemann was born on January 23, 1869 in Rochester, NY.
He was the son of Pastor and Mrs. Martin Hillemann and was baptized and confirmed by his father.
In preparation for the ministry, Martin attended Northwestern College in Watertown, Wisconsin and graduated in June of 1890.
He then attended the Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary, then located in Milwaukee and graduated in 1893.
Pastor Martin was united in marriage to Louisa Ulrich in Waukesha. The Lord blessed their marriage with three children, Ruth, Leona and Roland.
Roland also became a minister and is now retired and residing in Lancaster, Wisconsin.
Pastor Hillemann was installed as pastor of Immanuel’s congregation in Medford on July 7, 1907, and served until January of 1926, at which time he accepted a call to the congregation in Marshall, Wisconsin, where he served until his retirement in June of 1945.
Following his retirement, Pastor and Mrs. Hillemann resided in Norwalk, Wisconsin, until she was called to her Eternal Rest in September of 1954.
Thereafter, Pastor Hillemann made his home with his children.
Pastor Hillemann passed away on August 20, 1965 after a long illness at the age of 96 years. Funeral services were held in Beloit where his son, Pastor Roland served as minister and burial was made in the Prairie Home Cemetery in Waukesha, the home city of Mrs. Hillemann.
Funeral services were conducted by Pastor Walter Zank, the father or our current Pastor Marvin Zank.
Pastor Hillemann served in the ministry for a period of 52 years and prior to coming to Medford, served congregations in Iron Mountain, Michigan, Florence, Wisconsin, Town of Norton, Winona Co., Minnesota and Green Bay.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs