Bio: Gibbs, Reid (Explosion - 1961)


Surnames: Gibbs

----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 11/16/1961

Gibbs, Reid (Explosion - NOV 1961)

Reid Gibbs, Chippewa Falls, was badly burned on lower portions of his body when a stove exploded in his garage last week.

The former Worden Township (Clark Co., Wis.) farmer suffered second and third degree burns, and is in St. Joseph’s Hospital at Chippewa Falls.

Gibbs was doing some woodworking in the garage, and the building contained a large number of wood shavings. He had a fire extinguisher handy, and was able to put out the blaze himself before seeking medical aid.



© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.


Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.


Become a Clark County History Buff


Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.


Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel