BioA: Verhulst, Mr. and Mrs. Theodore (40th - 1966)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Verhulst, Johnson, Gotter, Householder, Luther, Haupt, Dugre
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI) 10/20/1966
Verhulst, Mr. and Mrs. Theodore (40th - 9 December 1966)
On Sunday, October 9, some 150 friends and relatives came to help Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Verhulst celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary. The open house was held at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church Greenwood, from 2 to 5 p.m. Their children and families were hosts for the occasion.
The serving table was centered with a 40th anniversary cake decorated in the ruby colors. Mrs. Verhulst wore a corsage of red roses and white carnations and Mr. Verhulst wore a boutonniere. The wedding attendants, Mrs. Celen (Harriett Verhulst) Gotter and Leonard Johnson, also wore flowers.
The honored couple was married on December 9, 1926, by the Rev. Daniel Householder at the home of her parents. Mrs. Verhulst was the former Esther Johnson. Their first home was located on a farm three miles northeast of Greenwood, where they lived until 1954, when they moved into the city.
There are four children, a daughter, Corrine of Santa Monica, Calif., and three sons, Lyle of Loyal, Kenneth of Greenwood and the Rev. Harold Verhulst of Chamberlain, S. D.; and 10 grandchildren.
Also present wee all of the honored couple’s sisters and brothers. Mrs. Verhulst’s two sisters are Mrs. Lester Luther of Eau Claire and Mrs. Harold Haupt of Elkhorn. Mr. Verhulst has three sisters, Mrs. Wilfred Dugre of New Ber4lin, Mrs. Celen Gotter of Loyal and Miss Ruth Verhulst, a missionary in Malaysia; and a brother, Harvey of Sheboygan. Many of their nieces and nephews were present, too.
Guests came from Anderson, Ind., Chamberlain, S.D., Santa Monica, Calif., New Berlin, Loyal, Hales Corners, Elkhorn, Superior, Marshfield, Neillsville, Eau Claire, Plymouth, Sheboygan, (and other locations, cut off).
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs