BioA: Andre, Mr. and Mrs. Chas. (Gold - 1941)
Surnames: Andre, Wacholz, Hahn, Schwocho, Schwartz, Alfter, Stapel, Swarthout, Drew, Stoltenow, Schacht, Siebrandt
----Source: Spencer Record, Spencer, Wis.) 11/20/1941
Andre, Mr. and Mrs. Chas. (Gold - 1941)
Celebrate Wedding Anniversary Sunday
Mr. and Mrs. Chas. Andre Finish Fifty Years of Wedded Life; Are Remarried at Trinity Lutheran Church Sunday.
Mr. and Mrs. Chas. Andre were doubly surprised Saturday and Sunday when their daughter and soninlaw, Mr. and Mrs. Henry Wachholz entertained relatives at a wedding supper Saturday for the couple. Golden chrysanthemums decorated the house and flowers and a large wedding cake graced the table. Out of town guests were Mr. and Mrs. Art. Hahn and family and Miss Adeline Hahn of Theresa; Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Andre and family of Marshfield; Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Schwartz of Oshkosh; Mr. and Mrs. Harold Alfter and children and Maynard Wachholz of Milwaukee; Edward Wachholz of Stratford and Gustave Wachholz of Randolph. Rev. and Mrs. A. C. Stapel and Mr. and Mrs. B. C. Swarthout were also present.
In the evening Mr. and Mrs. Andreís sheephead club gathered and a delightful evening was spent.
Sunday morning after ringing the Lutheran church bell for the regular church service, they were wisked away to Marshfield to pose for their picture after which they were again feted at the home of their daughter. At 3 oíclock in the afternoon as the church bell was ringing they were brought to the church where they were met by the strains of "Here Comes the Bride," played by Mrs. Herbert Schwocho, and marched to the altar to be remarried by the Rev. A. C. Stapel, their attendants being the identical couples that attended them 50 years ago, namely Mrs. Chas. Drew (Hattie Stoltenow) and Otto Andre and Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Schwartz (nee Bertha Andre). Here they repeated the vows taken at the altar 50 years ago. The bride was gowned in beautiful delph blue crepe with gold accessories, and they both wore bouquets of tiny gold and white asters tied with gold ribbon.
After the ceremony a program had been arranged and the choir rendered several appropriate selections as "Silver Threads Among the Gold" and "Put On Your Old Gray Bonnet" and many others. A bountiful wedding supper was tendered them by the Ladies Aid of the Lutheran church and which they and their families attended. The honored couple received many lovely gifts, one being a beautiful gold and ivory electric clock, also a vase of gold chrysanthemums presented by the Ladies Aid of which Mrs. Andre has been an active member many years. About 150 attended the wedding supper.
Chas. Andre and Miss Lizzie Schacht were married on Nov. 19, 1891, at St. Johnís Lutheran church north of Spencer by the Rev. H. F. Siebrandt, who at the time served as pastor to both St. Johnís and Trinity Lutheran church in the village. One daughter, Linda (Mrs. Henry Wachholz) was born to Mr. and Mrs. Andre and they have seven grandchildren and two great grandchildren. They have lived in the village for the past 25 years during which time Mr. Andre has served the village many years as assessor and also is janitor of the Lutheran church. They can count their friends by the score, all of whom congratulate them on having attained their golden wedding anniversary and wish them many more years of health and happiness.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs