BioM: Przybylski, Joan (1959)
Surnames: Przybylski, Miela, Cattanach, Kosik, Milas, Moskiewicz, Krall
----Source: Thorp Courier (Thorp, Clark Co., Wis.) 02/26/1959
Przybylski, Joan (7 FEB 1959)
On Saturday, Feb. 7, 1959, at St. Hedwig’s Chapel, Thorp, was the setting for the wedding day of Miss Joan Przybylski, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Edward V. Przybylski, Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), and Mrs. William J. Miela, son of Mrs. Ethel Miela, Chicago.
Before the altar decorated with red roses, the double ring ceremony was performed by the Rev. Constance Chilicki.
The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, chose a gown of Chantilly lace fashioned to the bodice of a waltz length gown, which was finished with wrist length tapered sleeves and a Mandarin collar above the yoke of illusion net. Nylon tulle was used in the skirt with a certant patterned peplum over a layer of net ruffles.
Silk illusion veiling fell from a double crown of pearls interspersed with rhinestones to a fingertip veil.
The bride chose a white orchid on a prayer book as her bouquet.
Attending the bride was Miss Eileen R. Cattanach, friend of the bride and groom. She wore a pale blue gown with net and lace over taffeta, styled to a waltz length gown. A blue bolero and white feathered hat completed her outfit.
She carried a small bouquet of baby mums and carnations.
Attended the groom was Mrs. Chester Przybylski, cousin of the bride. The groom and his attendant wore white jacket and black trousers with white carnation boutonnieres.
While the bride place a small bouquet on the Blessed Virgin’s altar, Sister Mary Theresa played the organ and was accompanied by Arlene Kosik.
The bride’s mother chose a navy blue sheath with black and white accessories. The groom’s mother chose a multi-colored sheath. Both mothers wore a corsage of red roses and white carnation.
Throughout the day and evening, Mrs. Joseph Milas Jr., along with Mrs. Pete Moskiewicz, took care of the bride’s guest book.
The couple, after spending a week in Thorp, will reside in Milwaukee, where the groom will be employed.
After the ceremony a breakfast was served to the immediate relatives and bridal party, with Mrs. Frank Krall doing the honors.
A 6 o’clock dinner and reception was held at the St. Hedwig’s School dining hall for relatives and friends, with Mrs. Peter Moskiewicz as hostess.
A dance following the reception was held at the Legion Hall in honor of the newlyweds. Music was furnished by Walter Staniec’s Orchestra.
Out of town guests were from Owen, Lublin, Withee, Gilman, Chippewa Falls, and Chicago, Ill.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs