BioM: Harde, Violet (1942)
Surnames: Harde, Russell, Burgess, Hinriches, Stokes, Miller, DeGerald, Newton, Franklini, Topella, Jerry
----Source: Humbird Enterprise (Humbird, Clark Co., Wis.) 08/15/1942
Harde, Violet (14 JUN 1942)
Miss Violet Harde and P.F.C. Hallan E. Russell were united in marriage June 14, 1942, at the Christ Lutheran Church, Fifth Ave. and Irving St. in San Francisco. The double ring ceremony was performed at 3:00 p.m.
The bride, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Harde, San Francisco, was charmingly gowned in a white satin dress with lace fingertip veil, Holland imported. Bavadeas and sweet peas made up the bridal shower bouquet.
Her attendants - Mrs. Arlene Burgess, a girlfriend, was maid of honor. Misses Wilma Hinriches and Jacqueline Stokes, San Francisco, cousins of the bride, were bridesmaids. Mrs. Burgess was gowned in blue chiffon, carrying pink roses. Miss Hinriches wore maze colored chiffon and Miss Stokes wore pink chiffon, each carrying pink roses.
Miss Barbara Miller acted as flower girl, gowned in a pink dress and carried an old fashioned bouquet. Miss De De Gerald acted as ring bearer, gowned in a white taffeta dress, carried the white satin pillow.
The bride was given in marriage by her father.
The bridegroom is a son of Mrs. S. R. Newton of Humbird (Clark Co., Wis.), and attended school here and worked for a few years in Racine. He is now a member of the military police battalion stationed at Presidio, San Francisco, Calif.
The bride groom and his attendants wore their military uniforms. Frank Franklini, friend of the bridegroom, was best man. Jos. Topella and Stephen Jerry also wore their military uniforms, acted as ushers.
After the ceremony a reception was held at 5640 Fulton St., from four until seven. Their home address is 135 6th Ave., San Francisco.
Good wishes for happiness and prosperity are extended to them by their many friends.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs