BioM: Bertz, Colleen C. (1955)
Surnames: Bertz, Kraeger, Goerl, Ottoway
----Source: Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark Co., Wis.) 09/15/1955
Bertz, Colleen C. (3 SEP 1955)
Miss Colleen Cecelia Bertz wore white Chantilly lace over satin for her marriage Saturday Sept. 3, 1955, to Francis Kraeger, son of Mr. and Mrs. Harry Kraeger of Shawano. The 9 a.m. ceremony at St. Joseph’s Church, Berlin, with the Rev. father Charles Monroe as officiant, and was followed by a dinner at Berlin’s Hotel Whiting.
A Peter Pan collar, an inset yoke of tulle, and long tapering sleeves featured the snug-fitting bodice of the bridal gown; while two rows of lace detailed the bouffant, floor length skirt. Her elbow length veil of illusion net was caught to a crown headpiece, and red roses centered with a white orchid made the bride’s bouquet. She is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Rueben Bertz, formerly of Loyal, now of Berlin.
Miss Donna Bertz, Milwaukee, as maid of honor, and Miss Darlene bertz, Berlin, as bridesmaid, both sisters of the bride, wore identical waltz length gowns of raspberry crystalette and carried bouquets of white carnations.
Attending the groom were Roger Goerl, Shawano, as best man and Gene Ottoway, Berlin, as groomsman. Medard Kraeger, Shawano, brother of the groom, and Robert Bertz, Loyal, brother of the bride, seated the guests.
Mrs. Bertz chose a navy blue dress with white accessories for her daughter’s wedding, and the groom’s mother wore a pink suit with matching accessories.
The bride is a graduate of the Loyal High School and Central State College, Stevens Point, and is a teacher in the Milwaukee schools.
The groom is a graduate of the Antigo High School and is employed by the George Meyer Manufacturing Co. in Cudahy.
Upon their return from a honeymoon in northern Wisconsin they will live in Milwaukee.
Guests from Loyal, Greenwood, Shawano, Tilleda, Princeton, Oshkosh, Hillsboro, Lodi, Milwaukee, Berlin, and Ann Arbor, Mich., attended the wedding.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs