BioA: Prock, Mr. and Mrs. Linus (Golden - 1961)
Contact: Dolores Mohr Kenyon
Surnames: Prock, Quast, Boeckman, McConnell, McKenzie, DeKennen, Wepfer, Kinnear, Pauly, O’Brien, Rupprecht
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) June 15, 1961
Prock, Mr. and Mrs. Linus (Golden –7 June 1961)
The 50th wedding anniversary of Mr. and Mrs. Linus Prock, pioneer Globe family, was celebrated Saturday. An anniversary dinner was served at Club 10 for members of the immediate family. Special table decorations and a money tree were in keeping with the event.
Linus Prock, son of the late Mr. and Mrs. Michael Prock of the Town of Weston, and Agnes Quast, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Quast of the Town of Eaton, were married June 7, 1911, in the Catholic Church in Greenwood with the Rev. Frank Boeckman officiating.
Born November 7, 1880, in Globe, Mr. Prock attended Fairview School. In 1907, he purchased the Globe Store from George Rupprecht. After their marriage in 1911, the newlyweds took up residence in the apartment above the Globe store, where they lived for nearly 50 years. In 1957, they moved to Neillsville.
Mr. and Mrs. Prock are the parents of three children, Mr. James (Lucille) McConnell of Greenwood, Harold of Neillsville, and Mrs. John (Dolores) McKenzie of Davenport, Ia. They also have 11 grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
Relatives joining in the anniversary dinner Saturday, included Mr. and Mrs. John McKenzie, Jackie and Carlyn, of Davenport, Ia., Mr. and Mrs. James McConnell and three children of Greenwood; Sharon McConnell of Green Bay; Mr. and Mrs. Harold Prock, Michel and Mary, Mr. and Mrs. August DeKennen of Neillsville; Mrs. Bertha Wepfer of Madison; Mr. and Mrs. John Quast, Mr. and Mrs. Robert Kinnear, Mrs. John Pauly and son, Tom, Mr. and Mrs. Eugene O’Brien of Milwaukee; Mr. and Mrs. Maynard Prock and Michael of Bettendorf, Ia.
A Mass of Thanksgiving was held Saturday morning at St. Mary’s Church for Mr. and Mrs. Linus Prock and their family.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs