BioA: Verschay, Mr. and Mrs. John (55th - 1960)
Contact: Dolores Mohr Kenyon
Surnames: Verschay, Dragosh, Meyers, Jeras, Anderson, Grap, Kolmodin, Isaacson, Kramerich
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) September 1, 1960
Verschay, Mr. and Mrs. John (55th - 23 August 1960)
Six of their seven children and their families, were present when Mr. and Mrs. John Verschay, Sr., celebrated their 55th wedding anniversary here Monday evening. The honored couple long-time residents of the area, were presented with gifts and congratulatory messages. They received good wishes in a telephone call from their daughter, Mrs. Henry (Jean) Isaacson of Chicago, who could not attend.
Children and grandchildren present were four daughters, Mrs. Paul (Anne) Meyers and husband of Minocqua; Mrs. Val (Marie) Jeras and Mrs. Cecil (Christine) Anderson and children of Kansas City, Mo.; Mrs. Erwin (Catherine) Grap, her husband and their daughter, Ana, of Greenwood; and two sons, John, Jr., and his wife of Willard; and Joseph and his wife and children, Richard, Mary Jo, Billy, and Jean Marie, all of Greenwood. The only grandchildren not present were the Meyers’ daughter, Mrs. William (Nancy) Kolmodin and her daughter, Audrey, of Chicago, and Henry Isaacson of Chicago.
Other guests were their niece and nephew, Mr. and Mrs. John Kramerich and son, Tom, of Detroit, Mich.
The couple’s grandson, Kenneth Anderson, entertained with accordion selections.
The occasion was also the 30th wedding anniversary of their son-in-law and daughter, Mr. and Mrs. Val Jeras.
John Verschay and Anna Dragosh were married in St. Joseph’s Church in Calumet, Mich., August 23, 1905. They lived there nine years before moving in 1914 onto a farm near Willard. They retired 11 years ago, when their son, John, took over the farm. Since then they have lived in Greenwood.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs