BioM: Kropusek, Sandra (1957)
Surnames: Vanderhyden, Kropusek, Fowler, Goessl, Schweiger, Jacques, Willy, Carlson
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 08/22/1957
Kropusek, Sandra (10 AUG 1957)
The marriage of Sandra Kropusek and Richard Vanderhyden took place at the Christ King Catholic Church at Wauwatosa on Saturday, Aug. 10, 1957, at 8 a.m. The double ring ceremony was performed by the pastor, Rev. Joseph Huepper.
The parents of the bride are Mr. and Mrs. Ted Kropusek of Wauwatosa, and parents of the groom, Mr. and Mrs. W. G. Vanderhyden of Thorp (Clark Co.), Wis.
The bride, given in marriage by her father, wore a ballerina length gown of Chantilly lace and net with a fitted bodice fashioned with a Peter Pan collar and long sleeves. Rows of nylon tulle ruffles made up the skirt which had an overskirt of lace extending to points. Her fingertip veil was secured to a crown of seed pearls and sequins and she carried a large bouquet of white Fuji mums and stephanotis centered with two orchids.
The maid of honor, Hilda F. Fowler of Milwaukee, Nancy Goessl as bridesmaid, also of Milwaukee, friend and the bride, and Ann Marie Vanderhyden, a sister of the groom, as junior bridesmaid. All wore gowns of iridescent blue taffeta in a princess style with cap sleeves and wide yoke and the ballerina length skirt was accented with three bows down the back. They also wore matching pumps and headpieces of a half crown of artificial flowers with a short veil. They wore a single strand pearl necklace, a gift of the bride, and carried bouquets of pink carnations.
Tammy Schweiger, a cousin of the bride, chosen to be flower girl, wore a full length gown of marquisette tulle with fitted bodice, rolled collar and full skirt. Her white headpiece was fashioned similar to those of the bridesmaids. She wore a tiny pearl bracelet, a gift of the bride, and carried a miniature of the bride’s bouquet.
Attending the groom as best man was Donald Jacques of Milwaukee, a friend of the groom, and as groomsman, Sid Willy of Milwaukee, also a friend of the groom. The groom and his attendants wore dark trousers and white dinner jackets with carnation boutonnieres. Ushering duties were performed by Clifford Carlson, a brother-in-law, and Randolph Kropusek, a brother of the bride.
The bride’s mother chose to wear a blue sheath dress with blue accessories, and the groom’s mother wore a steel blue sheath dress of embroidered nylon over taffeta with white accessories and both had orchid corsages.
A wedding reception and supper, given by parents of the bride, were held at the Arcadian Inn for guests numbering 250.
After a wedding trip through northern Wisconsin the newlyweds will be at home after August 19th at 4276 No. 27th St., Milwaukee.
The bride is a graduate of the Washington High School and has been employed by the Wis. Telephone Co. at Milwaukee as an accounting clerk. The groom is a graduate of the Thorp High School Class of 1953 and attended DeVry Technical Institute at Chicago and is now employed as an Assn’y Tech at the A. C. Spark Co.
A wedding dance was also held at Thorp on Thursday evening, Aug. 15th at the Legion Hall.
Relatives from Thorp attending the wedding were: Mr. and Mrs. Wilfred G. Vanderhyden Sr., Ann Marie, Murvil and Harry Vanderhyden, Mr. and Mrs. Wilfred E. Vanderhyden Jr., Mrs. Anton Micke, Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Micke, Mr. and Mrs. Bennie Burkhardt and Juliann and Mr. and Mrs. Jerome Hedler.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs