BioM: Hasling, Helen (1957)
Surnames: Verkuilen, Hasling, O’Hern, Maier, Dahle, Engquist, Harycki, Cesnik
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 06/27/1957
Hasling, Helen (22 JUN 1957)
Robert Verkuilen, son of Mr. and Mrs. Walter Verkuilen of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), and Miss Helen Hasling, daughter of Mrs. R. N. hassling of Aikin, Minn., were united in the holy bonds of matrimony by the Rev. Father Vincent, O.S.B., at a Nuptial Mass at St. James Catholic Church at Aikin at 11;)0 o’clock Saturday, June 22nd, 1957.
The couple was attended by Loretta O’Hern of Mason City, Ia. and Leonard Maier of Thorp. Bridesmaids were Clara Dahle of Minneapolis and Carolyn Engquist of Aikin. John Harycki of Thorp and Jim Cesnik of Hillsboro, Wis., served as ushers.
The bride, who was given in marriage by her brother, Robert, was attired in a ballerina length gown with layers of marquisette over satin, and a lace bodice, scalloped neckline and long lace sleeves ending in a point over the wrists. Her wedding bouquet was of orchid and stephanotis.
Her attendants wore dresses of periwinkle blue with royal blue sash and carried colonial bouquets of violas with blue streamers.
Sprays of white glads and blue daisies decorated the church and altars for the occasion and musical selections during the ceremony were "Oh Lord I Am Not Worthy," "Ave Maria," Panis Angelicus," and "On This Day."
A reception was given by the bride’s parents at the church parlors attended by one hundred guests.
The groom attended St. John’s University and is now with the Stillman Co. in Minneapolis. The bride attended the College of St. Benedict and has been employed by the St. Louis Park School System in Minneapolis.
After a honeymoon spent in Wisconsin the happy couple will be at home to their friends at 3118 Pleasant Ave., Minneapolis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs