BioM: Jakowicz, Elaine (1957)
Surnames: Jakowicz, Wald, Chilicki, Kliminski, Larson, Zawacki, Dettmar, Ciolkosz
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 06/27/1957
Jakowicz, Elaine (8 JUN 1957)
Miss Elaine Jakowicz, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Justin Jakowicz of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), became the bride of Marvyn Wald, son of Mr. and Mrs. Adolph Wald of Stanley, in a double ring ceremony performed by Father Connie Chilicki at ten o’clock Saturday morning, June 8, 1957, at St. Hedwig’s Catholic Church here.
Dorothy Kliminski, cousin of the bride, was maid of honor, and Justin J. Jakowicz of San Francisco, was best man. Miss Mary Ann Larson of Rockford, Ill., was bridesmaid and Carol Kliminski, cousin of the bride, junior bridesmaids.
Alice Zawacki, cousin of the bride of Withee, served as flower girl and Byron Dettmar, nephew of the groom, of Rockford, Ill., was ring bearer.
George Kliminski, cousin of the bride, and Robert Wald, brother of the groom, were ushers.
The bride was given in marriage by her father.
She wore a gown of hand clipped rose point lace over tulle and satin, fashioned with sculptured lace bodice, Sabrina neckline and long tapering sleeves. A colonial drape of the bouffant skirt revealing alternate tiers of crystal pleating and lace, and wide ruffle of pleating, encircled the hemline and borders of the full cathedral train. An open crown of tulle stamens encrusted with pearls and iridescents, held the imported silk illusion veil. She wore a white gold cross, a gift of the groom, and carried a spray of pink and red sweetheart roses.
For her going away costume, the bride wore a blue linen ensemble and a red rose sweetheart corsage.
Pre-nuptial showers were given for the bride by Mrs. Frank Zawacki, Miss Dorothy Kliminski, Mrs. Harry Wald and Mrs. Adolph Wald.
The bride’s attendants wore dresses of blue crystalette over taffeta with contrasting bow front, matching halo hats. The junior bridesmaid wore a miniature copy of the bridesmaids’ attire and the girls wore the bride’s gift of baby pearl necklaces.
Baskets of yellow and white daisies were carried by the flower girl.
The mother of the bride was dressed in a beige linen dress with beige accessories and the groom’s mother wore a teal blue dress of linen with white accessories. Both had orchid corsages.
During the ceremony solos were sung by Alice Ciolkosz, accompanied by Al Ciolkosz.
A wedding breakfast was served to 125 relatives and close friends in St. Hedwig’s Parish Hall and the reception was attended by 320 guests. The bride is a graduate of Thorp High School and has been employed at the Thorp Finance Corp. office here. The groom is a graduate of Stanley High School and is presently with the U.S. Navy at…(the rest of my copy was unreadable)
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs